SIFM provides a forum for members to learn, share and understand recent developments in insurance and reinsurance accounting, financial reporting, taxation, regulation and information technology. It is a trusted community of financial insurance professionals that fosters an exchange of ideas among its members.
To be the insurance sector resource identifying trends and current developments that may have a major impact on the financial aspects of the insurance industry.
SIFM provides an effective means for its members to:
1) Improve the efficiency and standardization of insurance financial and accounting procedures
2) Interpret accounting, tax, financial reporting and management requirements
3) Promote efficient and economical process and procedures for the presentation of financial reports
4) Serve in accounting, tax, and financial management departments for insurance companies and those companies and organizations which serve the insurance industry
5) Keep members abreast of current trends and impending regulatory issues that have an impact on the insurance industry.